Getting Old
James Lileks, a columnist for The Minneapolis Star-Tribue, is also a prolific blogger. His Daily Bleat usually rambles on about noir film, politics, local history, sci-fi, and fatherhood, often all in the same entry.
Today, he takes his daughter to Chuck E. Cheese's, where he makes the unhappy discovery.
"Definition of parenthood, that: you become convinced they’ve rigged the Chuck E.’s Duckies game, because you’re not scoring as high as you used to."
When my kid starts beating me on the Xbox, I'll just have to assume it's because the confounded machine is handicapping me because I'm older.
Today, he takes his daughter to Chuck E. Cheese's, where he makes the unhappy discovery.
"Definition of parenthood, that: you become convinced they’ve rigged the Chuck E.’s Duckies game, because you’re not scoring as high as you used to."
When my kid starts beating me on the Xbox, I'll just have to assume it's because the confounded machine is handicapping me because I'm older.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home